[NTA] FW: High School & College students: Assoc. of American Veterinary Medical Colleges Career Fair March 10 2013

  • From: "Ericsson, Aprille J. (GSFC-5050)" <aprille.j.ericsson@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2013 12:34:09 -0600

From: K Parker [mailto:theparkers88@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, March 02, 2013 11:01 PM
To: Karen Parker
Subject: High School & College students: Assoc. of American Veterinary Medical
Colleges Career Fair March 10 2013

FYI

AAVMC Career Fair

Sunday, March 10, 2013

2:30PM - 5:00PM

Westin Alexandria

400 Courthouse Square

Alexandria, Virginia

We have 4 sessions planned this year.

We will feature:

Dr. Kay Russo, a dairy practitioner from Loveland Colorado.  Dr. Russo will
talk about practicing large animal medicine and working in a rural area.

We also just confirmed a cool speaker, Dr. Jean Richards, who will talk about
her role working in the military on One Health issues.

Tony Wynne from the AAVMC office will provide important information for
students who intend to apply to vet school in the next 1 to 2 years,

Jennifer Mailey from Cornell University will talk to high school students about
what to look for in an undergraduate program if they are thinking about
applying to vet school later.

We are debuting another set of limited edition T-shirts this year.  They can’t
be bought, but students may earn a t-shirt if they ask questions during the
sessions or answer questions correctly during the sessions!  Limited number but
they are awfully cute!  (No, parents can’t ask the questions—students have to
ask their OWN questions! ☺)   I’ve also included a snap of the new shirts!

We’re really excited about the event this year.

Lisa M. Greenhill, MPA

Associate Executive Director for

Institutional Research and Diversity

Association of American Veterinary Medical Colleges

(p) 202-371-9195 x147

(f) 202-842-0773

lgreenhill@xxxxxxxxx<http://us.mc1408.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=lgreenhill@xxxxxxxxx>