[NTA] 30 Day Countdown !!!

  • From: "Chapman, Michael A. (LARC-D330)" <michael.a.chapman@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 15:39:01 +0000

Dear Friends, Colleagues, and Associates,

It’s been a while since I’ve corresponded with many of you, and for that I
apologize. Life is hectic and time flies whether you’re having fun (or not).
And before you know it, it’s been weeks, months, and perhaps years before you
realize you haven’t communicate with someone that you should have.

So that’s what I’m doing today - reaching out to see how everyone’s life is
going and to spread some good news as well.

I am doing fine. In fact, I wanted everyone to know that I’ve entered the
30-day countdown phase.

That’s right!

I am retiring from NASA on January 3, 2014 after 37 years of service.

It was not a hard decision. While I love my work at NASA Langley Research
Center, the frustrations of working in the budget/resource constrained, over
politicized, furloughed, pay frozen, sequestered, ‘do more with less’
environment has put a cloud over the past few years. But even with that,
retirement at this time is something that I planned to do for a long while, and
so now I’m doing it.

I’ll be 57 in June, and I think I’ve given NASA enough hide for one lifetime.
It’s time to explore, smell the roses, and hopefully have more time for good
times.
So wish me luck.

My current NASA email will be terminated at some point soon, so let me give you
my home information. I’d love to keep up with all of you in the future. In
fact, you may still hear from me in the future about the usual kind of things -
but this time from the comfort of my home and pajamas ☺

Current:
107 Tanglewood Drive
Hampton, VA 23666
757-827-9971 h
757-344-3908 c

Personal email addresses (I keep up with both):
machapman757@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:machapman757@xxxxxxxxx>
machapman757@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:machapman757@xxxxxxxxxxx>

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season.

Mike

[flyinghb3]
VTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVT
Michael A. Chapman, P.E.
Head, Technologies Application Branch - RD
NASA Langley Research Center

Michael.A.Chapman@xxxxxxxx<mailto:Michael.A.Chapman@xxxxxxxx>
757-864-4687 (w)
757-864-4799 (f)
757-827-9971 (h)

Note:

I will be retiring from NASA on January 3, 2014.

To reach me after that date, use the following address:

machapman757@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:machapman757@xxxxxxxxxxx>
machapman757@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:machapman757@xxxxxxxxx>

VTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVT
"The Secret Of Your Future Is Hidden In Your Daily Routine"

GIF image