[nswnra] Re: planets

  • From: Paul McGuiness <prepress@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nswnra@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 May 2011 09:32:30 +1000

Hi Judith,

Thanks for the info. Yes, I know the spot.
I might pop out one evening and check
it out. It would be great if there's a flat spot
to set a scope up.

I take your point about feeling vulnerable
at night!!

Cheers, Paul.

On 02/05/2011, at 9:00 AM, judith stella wrote:

Paul do you know the entrance to the Champion quarry on the Lismore- Woodburn road? Takes me about 20 mins to get there. If you turn onto the quarry road, there is a short stretch of new bitumen, maybe half a km, and then an older rougher but still bitumen stretch. Its well off the main road and of course its not used at night. Its pretty much 360 degrees of dark skies that you can drive right up to. The other important thing for me going out alone is that it feels safe - from both human and animal predators!!

Judith