[nswnra] Fwd: Re: finally - some scope time (with AN)!

  • From: Paul McGuiness <prepress@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nswnra@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 07:51:21 +1100

Thanks Glen
The first session at the eyepiece in a long time.
I can see the AN really helping to maximise
time at the eyepiece. I know devices like
the Argo make you a bit lazy and it's not
like learning the sky bit by bit, but my time
outside with the scope is precious!

That PN 1360 was very nice, I don't think I've
seen it before. Cheers, Paul.

Begin forwarded message:

From: G C <cozens3@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 27 October 2010 3:42:10 AM
To: nswnra@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [nswnra] Re: finally - some scope time (with AN)!

Paul you have a good list there
Glen

On 26 October 2010 23:20, Paul McGuiness <argonavis9@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all, Well, the AN is off and running. After sorting out
the "direction sense", it was into tour mode.

Galaxies spotted before the moon started to rise:
1097, 1316, 1365, 289, 253, 134, 55, 7793, 7713.

Planetaries:
7293 (Helix - good with UHC), 7009 (Saturn),
6818 (Little Gem), 6853 (Dumbell), 1360 (a very bright oval shaped one).

Also spotted a dozen or so globulars. Most of the
positioning was somewhere near the FOV but
not exact, maybe some fine tuning to be done. Initial
feelings are that the gadget is excellent. Great to
get some scope time again. Cheers, Paul.

PLEASE READ THESE CONDITIONS:
The colour that you see on screen can in no way be guaranteed. As you have not seen a hard copy proof you must accept that the colours you see on your screen will never match 100% what your final product will be. Colour variation occurs from screen to screen and from screen to print

Regards
Paul McGuiness
prepress@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Lismore City Printery