[northwest_al] Re: CARROLTON, ALABAMA -FACE IN THE WINDOW

  • From: "Mike Sullivan" <mikesull@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <northwest_al@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 20:05:34 -0500

Supposedly a man who had committed a crime and ran
to avoid hanging sought shelter in the upper floor of the courthouse.  While
he was there  a violent storm occurred
and violent lightning strike in front of a window which he
was peering thru.  Again "supposedly" through some
chemical, electrica, photo or other unknown process the lightning caused an
image of his face to be recorded on that window pane.  That image and window
pane are in the top floor of the courthouse today.

Now Sue, like any strange occurence,  naturally,  there are a number of
mystical variations, i.e. urban legends,, which have surfaced, regarding
this event over the years which I really am not going into.

                                        Mike Sullivan