[norcal-hug] Atari Party in Davis, March 28th

  • From: scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: norcal-hug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 02:07:16 +0000

Saw this on another list and thought I'd post it here as well, it was
sent by Bill Kendrick.

On Sat. March 28th at the Davis Public Library, I'll be hosting an
'Atari Party'.  Think of it as a tiny, mini, Atari-game-system-oriented
version of California Extreme or Vintage Computer Festival.

I'll be bringing my Atari 8-bit computer (with SD memory card reader!),
Atari 7800 game system, Flasbhack 2 (modern Atari 2600 with built-in games),
Atari Lynx handhelds, an Atari Jaguar, and more!

Free, open to the public.  And will run from 6pm-9pm.
More at: http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/atariparty/

And to make it vaguely on-topic, the Atari 8-bit computer's OS
had a concept of devices (screen, printer, disk, cassette, modem,
etc.) that's somewhat similar to Un*x's "/dev".
Plus, I grew up with an Atari 8-bit computer, and that
era of systems and games inspire my work on open source games
and the Tux Paint project. :^D