[nnasnet] Snowy Owls on TV

  • From: Tom Saunders <birdnerd53@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nnasnet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 10:32:33 -0400

Tonight's episode of "Nature" (PBS channel 23 for those who get their
signal from Richmond) is on snowy owls and features exquisite footage shot
by Michael Male and Judy Feith, an Eastern Shore of Virginia husband and
wife team with a lot of high quality films on their resume. I haven't seen
it but it's gotten rave reviews from friends who have. I encourage you to
watch it.

A snowy owl was seen at Windmill Point in 2001, I believe, hanging out on
the rip rap surrounding the harbor entrance for several bitterly cold days.

Tom Saunders
Balls Neck