[nnasnet] NNAS Monitoring of Bluebird Trail at HQ/KCGC 5/5/2014

  • From: Tom Teeples <tomteeples@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: NNAS Hotline <nnasnet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 May 2014 15:28:08 -0400

KCGC is the King Carter Golf Course, located south of Kilmarnock just off
Irvington Road.  HQ is Hills Quarter, the community associated with the
golf course.  NNAS is the Northern Neck Audubon Society.

The good news is that we had our first fledges.  The bad news is that not
all the fledglings made it.  The box containing this weeks fledglings got
hit by some of the recent rain.  Two of the babes got wet and succumbed to
the cold night temps.  Lots of redwing blackbird activity today at the
ponds.

Here is a summary:
Complete nests with no eggs: 2
Eggs:  14 (in 4 boxes)
Young:  94
Fledged: 3

Other: 3 boxes of chickadee nests; one with 6 eggs, one with 5 young, one
with female on nest and 3 Tree Swallow eggs in the martin gourds.

--
Tom Teeples
132 Lancaster Dr. #105