[nnasnet] Re: Hummingbirds????

  • From: Jane <versocki23@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "nnasnet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <nnasnet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2015 11:46:27 -0400

No hummers on Mosquito Creek for the last week either.
Also, no bluebirds in the gourds (2) that they have been using for the past 4
years.

Only return visitor has been the barn swallows who build their nest on our
front porch.

Strange year.

Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2015 22:37:59 -0400
From: dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: maggieurbanna@xxxxxxxxxxx; nnasnet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [nnasnet] Re: Hummingbirds????

We have not had any hummers for the past week - and not only have they
disappeared but our purple martins never returned this year to our house or the
martin houses on our neighbors' houses either. This is the first time in over
13 years without them here and I miss their cheerful chatter and song. Has
anyone else experienced this absence as well? The house wrens are driving away
the bluebirds by building their stick nests in every house - I clean them out
daily but as I walk away they are refilling them. They even built over a
chickadee nest who took over a bb house causing the chickadee to give up. The
battle goes on. Pat in Montross