[nnasnet] Hooded Warbler - Dragon Run

  • From: Margaret Gerdts <maggieurbanna@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: NNAS Hotline <nnasnet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, VA Master Naturalist Northern Neck Chapter <nnmnemail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 00:56:50 -0400

Thursday on a wonderful (as always) trip down Dragon Run, I was treated to a
gorgeous hooded warbler... practically posing for me! A life bird!

The last time I saw buffleheads in my creek was Sunday a week ago (April 19),
which always makes me sad. It is always so entertaining watching what my
neighbor calls "Dippers".

But then, along come the hummingbirds, practically knocking at your
window..."I'm here! Where is my food?" I was reading of sightings way before
they arrived here just upriver from Urbanna Creek. But they arrived just as my
Columbine bloomed!

Yea! SPRING!!!

Maggie Gerdts

Reminds me of a favorite psalm: