[nnasnet] Bird Walk, Sat, Sept 7

  • From: Margaret Gerdts <maggieurbanna@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: NNAS Hotline <nnasnet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 16:12:58 -0400

The Middle Peninsula Bird Club has invited us to join them on a VERY SPECIAL
bird walk on Sept 7th.  Directions will be posted on the hot line later.

Thanks to the generosity of the owners and property manager, Blair Farinholt,
we have been given permission for a Bird Walk in the pond area at Elmington on
Elmington Lane, a large farm and historic property in Gloucester Co. We can
expect to see plenty of song birds as the fall migration gets under way .
This is a restricted property so let me know if you plan to attend, and expect
to give your name at the gate.  Elmington Lane is between Burgh Westra Lane and
Exchange Lane on VA 3 &  VA 14E.  The walk is Saturday September 7th at
8AM.Good idea to arrive a little early to reach the parking area in plenty of
time (we will open the entrance at 7:30AM).Register by Thursday September 5th
jericson7@xxxxxxx (preferred) or phone 804 693 7140 .In 1905 Thomas Dixon
published The Life Worth Living. The book is a lyrical and fascinating account
of his experience after he obtained the Elmington property and moved his
family from NYC.
Felicity Rask Ericson