[nim-dev] Re: pragma emit question

  • From: terry <terry.chen@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nim-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2015 07:33:37 +0000

Hi, sorry. Indeed, I wasn't being clear.

I would like to call the libmill C library from Nim. The goal is to add a
simple lightweight go-like CSP library to the Nim language. The problem is that
the libmill C library's API are all based on C MACROs (see `here
<https://github.com/sustrik/libmill/blob/master/libmill.h>`_) which I can not
figure out how to invoke directly from Nim (importc didn't work for me on a
macro).

I tried c2nim, but it choked on the complex defines in libmill.h.

Unfortunately, the macros are key to libmill's capability as it relies on C's
__FILE__ and __LINE__ plus setjmp / longjmp to achieve the coroutine like
effects.

Thanks for your help!