[nim-dev] aws bindings

  • From: coopernurse <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nim-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2015 00:30:59 +0000

Hi folks,

Is anyone working on AWS bindings yet? I looked through the nimble package
list and searched github and didn't turn up anything.

I'm not sure I have time to really dig in, but one promising approach might be
to emulate what the aws-sdk-go folks are doing and write a code generator that
generates client bindings based on the JSON protocol descriptions. Example
JSON:
https://github.com/aws/aws-sdk-go/blob/master/models/apis/ec2/2015-10-01/api-2.json

That would reduce the project to a few parts:

* code generator
* auth/sig implementations (AWS has a few versions different services use)
* http client (with basic retry support)

Anyone interested in working on this?

-- James