CNN Reporter Calls For War On 'Islamists'

  • From: "Muslim News" <editor_@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <submit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2002 17:03:42 +0100

 lou dobbs <http://www.khilafah.com/home/graphics/1023534480.jpg>

CNN star Lou Dobbs hit maximum controversy after calling for a 'War
Against Islamists.'

Dobbs made the comments Wednesday evening during the opening segment of
his MONEYLINE program, which airs worldwide on CNN.

Dobbs: "The government and media for the past nine months have called
this a war against terror. So have we here. But terror is not the enemy.
It is what the enemy wants to achieve. So on this broadcast, we are
making a change... in the interests of clarity and honesty. The enemies
in this war are radical Islamists who argue all non-believers in their
faith must be killed. They are called Islamists. That's why we are
abandoning the phrase, "War Against Terror". Let us be clear. This is
not a war against Muslims or Islam. It is a war against Islamists and
all who support them. If ever there were a time for clarity, it is now.
We hope our new policy is a step in that direction."

The comments immediately ignited angry phone calls to CNN, according to
insiders.

With stunned viewers from Arab countries registering strong complaints.

The Dobbs comments -- which were not labeled commentary -- remained
intact during reruns of MONEYLINE.

CNN News Group Chairman Walter Isaacson and Dobbs on Thursday both
agreed that Dobbs should explore the "War Against Islamists" -- but in
the commentary portion of his show.

Developing...

Source:  DrudgeReport.com

You can choose whether you prefer to receive regular emails or a weekly
digest by visiting  <http://www.muslim-news.net/>
http://www.muslim-news.net

Archive:  <http://archive.muslim-news.net/>
http://archive.muslim-news.net

You can subscribe by sending an email to
<mailto:request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with the word
"subscribe" (without quotes) in the subject line, or by visiting
<http://www.muslim-news.net/> http://www.muslim-news.net

You can unsubscribe by sending an email to
<mailto:request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with the word
"unsubscribe" (without quotes) in the subject line, or by visiting
<http://www.muslim-news.net/> http://www.muslim-news.net

You are welcome to submit any relevant news story to
<mailto:submit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> submit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

For regular Islamic cultural articles by email, send email to
<mailto:revivalist-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
revivalist-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

JPEG image