[networkku] Re: Left SA

  • From: "Don Wallace" <DonWallace3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <networkku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 17:01:27 -0500

Glean posted the following on SA private boards. SA has much more light and
happiness since Jinks left. In my opinion the officers and Kavis are doing a
very good job. Its the membership now which needs a good reaming.
For those who may not have noticed, Migue has left the guild.

I spoke with him about this, but he would not say much about his reasons. He
was adamant that it was just time to move on and he didn't want any drama
over it.

Unfortunately, I am not so gracious. I think that whenever an officer leaves
a guild, there should be at least a little drama, soul searching, and/or
discussion over the reasons for such a loss.

Since Migue would not tell me anything specific, I will take this
opportunity to spin what little he did tell me into a forum on my own agenda
.

I know 2 things. One is that Migue is interested in joining ED. Another is
that Migue's last raid was our RZTW wipe/fiasco. My inference here is that
the RZTW raid was the last straw for Migue as an SA officer.

I went to look at the ED website (
http://www.enlighteneddark.org/Information.html ). You all should look at it
too. This is a no nonsense, focused, disciplined guild. I can easily see how
Migue would be ready for the EQ challenge at that level. ED would not put up
with a 10th of the poor play, poor attitude, and officer disrespect
exhibited by SA.

SA really does not treat its officers very well. We are late to raids, we
are not in the channels we are supposed to be in, we don't follow raid
instructions, and we don't respect our officers. An example of this occurred
on the RZTW when Meda called for hold pulls. The pull was made anyway,
despite the call. This was not an error, the puller disagreed with the hold
call and chose to disregard the order. When chastized for it, the puller
unrepentantly said "A chanter can just mezz it.". Who would want to be an
officer in a guild where officers are not only ignored but also publicly
disrespected?