[networkku] Ding 70

  • From: Sigmund Lam <slam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: networkku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 11:50:48 -0400

Aneya Dinged 70 last night around midnight EST.

She started the night 80% into 69. Soloed till 10:30 getting 10% mostly in
Grieg's End. I tried soloing various places for xp and I still find Grieg's
End to be the best for a bst. Trouble with PoN is trying to find mobs without
pulling more than one. PoJ mobs are a bit too low to be efficient. PoD is
short on choice mobs or they come in twos and threes. First part of PoV had
the same problems as PoN. I may try PoV again later.

Grieg's End was very crowded last night. 75 players when I first got in.
Dispite that I was able to pull enougth mobs in the central area to get 6 or
7% in an hour and a half.

I finished the night off in the first castle of PoF. Mobs where 65 and went
down fast enougth that we could chain pull em. XP was comparable to Castle 2,
the lower xp per mob was off set by the increase in mob kill rate.

A few things I can suggest.

For optimal soloing find a spot where mobs are all 55+ but not much higher
than 55. The idea there is to kill as many as possible as fast as possible.
Such as Grieg's End. Alternately, if you can solo lvl 65 mobs they can provide
good xp due to High Con Bonus but that is not efficient for a BST.

For optimal Group xp go for mobs 65+. This Plane of Fire Castle 1 and 2, WoS
far side, MPG, Ruins of Dranik, and lvl 70 Dranik Hollows expo. I don't suggest
GoD because mobs range from 64-66 and hit harder than OoW. So, not only are the
mobs harder but one in 3 does not provide a High Con Bonus to level 70s. I
also omit Sol Ro Towers because xp seems slow despite the High Con Bonus.

For Duos and Trios I'd suggest tier 2 and tier 3 PoP zones while waiting for
more to show up. Rather than sit around LFG we can slowly build up a group and
get some exp on the side.

For Rune farming, Dranik Hollows expos are still the way to go. Unless we find
better camps in Ruins of Dranik. Named mobs spawn rates once you get to the
phs are comparable to WoS without trains and other player induced
frustrations. Once settled down, Dranik Hollows Expos exp should be comparable
to Plane of Fire.

Things to do.
I would like to explore Ruins of Dranik at some point since it is supposed to
be comparable to WoS and yet people don't go. If we can find a good spot there
with named mobs we're set.

I would also like to try the zone line areas in WoS to Anguish and MPG. I
suspect there may be untapped Named mob potential there and the trash mobs are
over 65.

There are some nice goodies in Noble Causeway but unfortunately most spots are
camped and solo duo has been sub optimal there so I will probably skip it for
a while.

I will probably try to solo and duo in Harbingers' Spire since I think this
zone has a lot of potential.

I also plan to try soloing Riwwi, Barindu, and Sewers in GoD to try and find a
good spot there for xp.

Lastly, I plan to start the solo duo components of my epic 1.5. I hear the
Maiden's Eye component is a real pain currently because the mob doesn't always
drop the item.

Aneya