[networkku] Asuh explores Beta 2

  • From: Sigmund Lam <slam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: networkku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 16:03:30 -0400

So after 7 hours of downloading I got EQ 2 running on my machine and randomly
generated a High Elf intended as a Fury Druid.

The Boat tutorial was pretty straight forward considering I saw it done at
Vegas. Graphics didn't look as sharp as in Vegas though but then again I don't
have the super ultra mega latest card either.

Once I landed on the first island I went to talk to the first quest npc to
change my class for Commoner to Priest. So far so good. Then I wondered over
to the mage tower and did the tradeskill quest. I completed the tradeskill
quest with out understanding how the system worked. Since then, I've looked it
up. It appears that tradeskilling works like fighting a mob in that you have
to actively react to cues or bad things happen like you gnorpse yourself.

There are several quest you can get on the island. One is a feather collection
quest which I haven't finished. Another is a gnomish invention spare parts
collection quest which I haven't finished. A third is a study Goblin
physiology quest which I think affects a skill but I don't know exactly what
I'm doing with that quest.

During my time on the island I killed a bunch of goblins. Some have loot and
the big loot drops off chest which are trapped. I think the first trap I
busted open killed me but after that I haven't died. Loot out of chest can
sell for over 1 silver piece while regular goblin loot is normaly only worth a
few coppers.

I started my class quest and got up to the kill the orc part. This has
resulted in several new armor pieces and lots of xp. I am now level 6 and can
if I choose leave the island but I think I'll explore it a bit more.

I also plan to make a Dark Elf Scout/Assasine.

My search on the net has resulted in very little info on the game. However,
there are sone strange quirks, Mages can Canibalize and channel power. Scouts
can evac not druids. All priest classes have some sort of damage mitigation
buff.

One thing I don't like with the interface is that the font size is too big. I
don't have enougth space to put all my windows and haven't really been paying
attention to the chat window.

Overall EQ2 is kinda neat but I don't think I'd switch unless I had a good
reason to.

Aneya