[netmagis] Re: Possibilités de Netmagis - Netmagis features

  • From: Netmanager <netmanager@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: netmagis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2013 20:38:57 +1100

Hello Jean

I do as expected but still have problem for creating passwd even using smallest and easy password. I have added --echo to check the command.

=============
-bash-4.1$ dropuser nm
-bash-4.1$ createuser --no-superuser --no-createrole --createdb --pwprompt --echo nm
Enter password for new role:
Enter it again:
CREATE ROLE nm PASSWORD 'md522ecc6a26473e7bc4f22aee3ce0560f1' NOSUPERUSER CREATEDB NOCREATEROLE INHERIT LOGIN;

Restarting postgresql service

[root@netmagis ~]# service postgresql restart
Stopping postgresql service:                               [  OK ]
Starting postgresql service:                               [  OK ]

[root@netmagis ~]# su - postgres
-bash-4.1$ /local/netmagis/sbin/netmagis-dbcreate
Creating main Netmagis database as 'netmagis'
createdb: could not connect to database postgres: FATAL: Ident authentication failed for user "nm"
Erreur while creating database 'netmagis'
-bash-4.1$
=================

Thanks for your help.

Noru

Le 02/11/2013 09:38, Jean Benoit a écrit :
On Fri, Nov 01, 2013 at 11:33:36PM +1100, Netmanager wrote:
following netmagis configuration on CentOS6, and after creating user
(createuser --no-superuser --no-createrole --createdb --pwprompt nm
(pw role=nm)),  I have a problem  at state "Database Installation".
I have following error message when trying to create database:

[root@netmagis ~]# su - postgres
-bash-4.1$ /local/netmagis/sbin/netmagis-dbcreate
Creating main Netmagis database as 'netmagis'
createdb: could not connect to database postgres: FATAL:  Ident
authentication failed for user "nm"
Erreur while creating database 'netmagis'
-bash-4.1$
What value you have in /etc/netmagis.conf for "dnsdbpassword" ?
Make sure you have the same value that the password in the "createuser" command.
If unsure, do a "dropuser nm", create the user again with the correct password.

--
Jean Benoit