SECUR> Advisory: NY Fair Use To Speak Out at DMCA Exemptions Hearings

  • From: gleason <gleason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nethappenings@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 09:26:46 -0400

Net Happenings - From Educational CyberPlayGround

From: Seth Johnson <seth.johnson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Advisory: NY Fair Use To Speak Out at DMCA Exemptions Hearings

MEDIA ADVISORY
CONTACT:  Seth Johnson, NY Fair Use (212) 543-4265

WHAT:           Rally at U.S. Copyright Office's Rulemaking Hearing
                 on the Digital Millennium Copyright Act

WHEN:           8 to 10 AM, Friday May 2nd

WHO:            New Yorkers for Fair Use, a grassroots organization
                 dedicated to preserving fundamental rights in the digital
                 age.  http://www.nyfairuse.org

WHERE:          In front of 1333 H St NW, Washington DC

WHY:            If the DMCA is not overturned, in a matter of years
                 governments and a few large companies will force spy
                 machinery and remote control machinery into every home
                 computer in the world.  The computer you have will not be
                 yours any more.  The DMCA will also end free private,
                 tribal, business and public use of the Internet.

                 New Yorkers for Fair Use are here to tell the people how
                 the DMCA threatens their right of private ownership of
                 computers and free speech and assembly on the Net.  The
                 DMCA is the main legal underpinnings for a well-funded,
                 well-publicized, massive onslaught against private
                 ownership of computers, changing fundamentally how the
                 public can access and make use of information.

ADDITIONAL:     Jay Sulzberger of NY Fair Use will join a panel of public
                 representatives testifying on exemptions to DMCA
                 restrictions on circumvention of access controls.

--

New Yorkers for Fair Use
http://www.nyfairuse.org

[CC] Counter-copyright: http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/cc/cc.html

I reserve no rights restricting copying, modification or distribution of
this incidentally recorded communication.  Original authorship should be
attributed reasonably, but only so far as such an expectation might hold for
usual practice in ordinary social discourse to which one holds no claim of
exclusive rights.

EDUCATIONAL CYBERPLAYGROUND
<http://www.edu-cyberpg.com>
|   FREE EDUCATION VENDOR DIRECTORY LISTING
|

|   PREMIUM EDUCATON VENDOR DIRECTORY LISTING
|
|   FEATURED MERCHANT VENDOR DIRECTORY LISTING
|   http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Directory/default.asp

<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>
EDUCATIONAL CYBERPLAYGROUND
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com
<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>

ADVERTISE REACH THE EDUCATION MARKET

GET FREE EDUCATION VENDOR DIRECTORY LISTING
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Directory/default.asp

Net Happenings,K12 Newsletters, Network Newsletters, New-list
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Community/index.html

HOT LIST OF SCHOOLS ONLINE
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Schools/default.asp

SERVICES