RESOUR> Science Snacks

  • From: Gleason Sackmann <gleason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: NetHappenings <nethappenings@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 07:31:31 -0600

Net Happenings - From Educational CyberPlayGround

MOTIVATE TEACHERS TO USE THE INTERNET
If you want to learn about how to play on the net,
this is where to start.  Don't know how to turn on your
computer? Hate this stuff? Is this is totally freakin' you out?
Then You're one of us :-)  Playing around is the key to learning.
relax, you can start here, we take baby steps.
<http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Reasons_to_play_here.html>

From:  Steve <uriel1998@xxxxxxxxx>
Date:  Mon, 10 Feb 2003 20:05:13 -0500
Subject:  Resource:  Science Snacks
Newsgroups:  misc.education.home-school.misc

http://www.exploratorium.edu/snacks/

So what's a Science Snack?

Since the museum opened in 1969, teachers from the San Francisco Bay
Area have brought their classes on field trips to the Exploratorium.
When we began putting this book together, we decided to do just the
opposite: We wanted to take the exhibits to the kids.

For three years, nearly one hundred teachers worked with staff members
to create scaled-down versions of Exploratorium exhibits. The results
were dozens of exciting "Snacks" --- miniature science exhibits that
teachers could make using common, inexpensive, easily available
materials. By using Snacks in their classrooms, teachers can climb out
of the textbooks and join their students in discovering science for themselves.

Steve