PROJ> Hunt for Famous Explorers-Deadline Extended!

  • From: Gleason Sackmann <gleason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: NetHappenings <nethappenings@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 13:48:05 -0500

Net Happenings - From Educational CyberPlayGround

Date:         Wed, 9 Apr 2003 13:44:57 -0500
From:         Ellen Mize <mizel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject:      Hunt for Famous Explorers-Deadline Extended!
To:           KIDPROJ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Don't forget to sign up for the Hunt for Famous Explorers!

Since some schools were probably on spring break, I have extended the
deadline to April 14.    I have only four schools registered.  We would like
to have more participants.

For registration information, go to
http://www.edu-continuum.org/kidspace/start.cfm?HoldNode=4255

Hurry!

Project Description:
Who are the people that traveled into unknown places and discovered some of
the landmarks or founded the cities that became capitals? Some of these
explorers may have blazed the way for others that came later and founded the
cities or built the landmarks.  In this project you will make 9 clues about
Famous Explorers and challenge other classes to identify your explorer. You
will also use the clues sent by other participants to discover their famous
explorers.

Educational CyberPlayGround
A learning site that celebrates diversity in students' background
while highlighting the variety in students' preferred approaches
to learning. The site provides opportunities for parents, teachers,
and librarians, even with limited online experience, to learn how
to use the World Wide Web to provide more effective teaching.
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/

Hunt for Famous Explorers is patterned after Hunt for Country Capitals and
The Landmark Game so many of you already know the rules.

Ellen Mize
mizel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>
EDUCATIONAL CYBERPLAYGROUND
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com
Net Happenings,K12 Newsletters, Network Newsletters, New-list
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Community/index.html

HOT LIST OF SCHOOLS ONLINE
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Schools/default.asp

EDUCATION VENDOR DIRECTORY