NEWSLTR> CRN Newsletter April 14, 2003

  • From: Gleason Sackmann <gleason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: NetHappenings <nethappenings@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 09:30:00 -0500

Net Happenings - From Educational CyberPlayGround

From: crn <child_research_net@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <gleason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 13:36:01 +0900
Subject: CRN Newsletter April 14, 2003

Child Research Net Newsletter April 14, 2003
http://www.childresearch.net/

Let us hear your thoughts in Let's Talk!, a bbs for discussing issues on young
people and education.
http://www.childresearch.net/cgi-bin/KEY/FORUM/LT/disp_article.pl?theme=0100

Archive of CRN Home Page Topics for Discussion
http://www.childresearch.net/cgi-bin/topics/arc.pl

The need for an infrastructure to support therapeutic services in Japan
Miya Omori, Ed. D.
http://www.childresearch.net/cgi-bin/topics/column.pl?no=00184&page=1

In Japan, therapy, and the system of care for therapeutic services is still not

established and somewhat ambiguous.  In these times, where the world order is
unstable and there is a possible pending war, it seems like a good time to
normalize the need for therapeutic services, for both adults and children.
However, I would like to focus on the children today.  (Continued in the
website)

New Perspectives, New Ideas; Part 2: Inside<-Out
Hillel Weintraub, Future University Hakodate
http://www.childresearch.net/cgi-bin/topics/column.pl?no=00185&page=1

Having just come back from a workshop in China where I was able to interact
with
people from various ages and cultures (more than 16!), I'm particularly aware
of
the importance of changing our environment and entering into new spaces. This
stimulates our creativity and helps us see things from fresh perspectives.
(Continued in the website)
Key Issues - Playful Learning 2002 02'- Playshop March 02'
http://www.childresearch.net/KEY/CHIKICHI_2002/index.html

The report of Playshop March 02' - "Let's Make a Movie!" held in Nagayama
Chi-kichi has been posted. The program's activities incorporated (1) the cycle
"creation - talking - reflection", (2) using five senses, (3) open structure
that allows participants to come and go freely, and (4) intercultural
communication.

Cybrary - Children are Our Future
http://www.childresearch.net/CYBRARY/KOBY/FUTURE/index.html

Dr. Kobayashi says "Any child who is deprived of affection is heavily wounded
not only emotionally  but also physically." in his article.

Cybrary - Educational Data - Monograph
http://www.childresearch.net/CYBRARY/EDATA/index.html

Some survey results published by the Benesse Educational Research Institute in
2002 on Japanese children and education have been posted.

Cybrary - Brown University Child and Adolescent Behavior Letter
http://www.childresearch.net/CYBRARY/NEWS/index.html
Two topics - 1. Keep Your Eye On... parental smoking provides "prompts" and 2.
Insecure attachment a risk factor for depression - have been posted.

Cybrary - Educational Visions
http://www.childresearch.net/CYBRARY/EVISIONSindex.html

students use of media, Miya Omori Ed. D. contributes her ideas on media
literacy.

Links - Editor's Picks
http://www.childresearch.net/LINKS/EDITORS/EDITORS_E.HTM

Two web sites have been introduced; 1. Japan Education and Resource Network
(JEARN) which supports schools/classes in and outside of Japan that are
interested in corresponding with schools/classes in different countries. 2.
Japan Prize which has been committed to supporting and encouraging high-quality

educational programs since 1965.
look forward to hearing from you.
http://www.childresearch.net/QUESTION/index.html?/index.html?no=2

<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>
EDUCATIONAL CYBERPLAYGROUND
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com
Net Happenings,K12 Newsletters, Network Newsletters, New-list
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Community/index.html

HOT LIST OF SCHOOLS ONLINE
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Schools/default.asp

EDUCATION VENDOR DIRECTORY