LIST> Teachers Talk Against War

  • From: Gleason Sackmann <gleason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: NetHappenings <nethappenings@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 08:25:49 -0600

Net Happenings - From Educational CyberPlayGround

Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 17:19:19 -0600 (CST)
From: Eric Crump <ecrump@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

The impending war on Iraq and the complex world political
situation that has lead us to this pass are the hottest
topics just about everywhere.

The subject emerges continually on widely various forums
where educators hang out. But the subject isn't welcome
on every forum, and reaction often ranges from grudging
tolerance to outright censure.

Talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx is a place specifically intended
to support teachers, students, parents, and others who want
to discuss war&peace-related issues that may not be welcome
elsewhere.

To join:

Visit
http://teachersagainstwar.org/lists/talk/subscribe.html

or send email to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and
in the message body put: subscribe talk

If you have questions or run into problems, write to
eric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ActiveServers, Inc ServerFarm, Co-Location, Point to Point Wireless,
Consulting, and Windows dotnet Servers. Premium Hosting Solutions
on multiple OC-48 redundant connections.
Visit http://activeservers.com

We invite teachers to discuss the challenges of dealing
with the subject of war in their classes, or for sharing
ideas for lessons and projects that help students learn
about the historical, political, religious, and
cultural aspects of the current conflict.

The list might also be used to discuss possibilities for
useful resistance to the war and to coordinate activities.

We expect no adherence to some mythical sort of pure
anti-war stance. We hope the conversation on this list
will reflect the complexity of the situation and people's
reactions to it. It's a place to explore the issues, share
information and opinions, ask questions, critique governments
and popular movements, and generally engage in the kind of
reflection and exploration that helps us better understand
difficult situations.