[ECP] K12 Newsletters and NetHappenings: Egypt / Censorship Teaching Moment

  • From: "K.E." <admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: K12NewsLetters@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,nethappenings@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2011 09:19:27 -0500

Dear Readers:

Please share this email with your friends, neighbors, administrators, and
fellow teachers.

I lived in China for and the entire year in 2009, and managed to continue to
publish both K12 Newsletters and NetHappenings while avoiding censorship by the
authorities

Some of the topics I published were about sensitive topics like Human Rights,
and I needed to beat censorship on a daily basis.

Beat Censorship Teaching Moment.

Egyptians can leave voice msg = tweet
@speak2tweet
Anyone can Call 19504194796 or 390662207294 or 97316199855
http://ow.ly/3O1lh  #egypt

People can listen to the messages by dialing the same phone numbers or going to
<http://twitter.com/speak2tweet>twitter.com/speak2tweet.

http://www.tweetandspeak.com/ using iPhone? check out tweet & speak too. app
reads your twitter feed out loud.

Information and Tools:

Tools
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Technology/censor.html

Censorship in China #gcf #censorship #green dam
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Technology/censorship-in-china.html

CENSORSHIP CRISIS CURRICULUM AND RESOURCES
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Technology/securitycrisisCENSORSHIP.html

Censorship and When Technology FAILS! (THINK SNOW STORM)
What happens when your CELL PHONES don't work.

Schools should know how to use AND teach Morse Code!!!
SCIENCE - Ham Radio's
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Technology/Crystal_Radio_kits_online!.html

Plan on traveling to China?
How to get under the GCF Great China Firewall
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Internet/searchcountry.html

best,

Karen Ellis
Educational CyberPlayGround