K12> Building Homes of Our Own

  • From: Gleason Sackmann <gleason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: NetHappenings <nethappenings@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 08:50:34 -0600

Net Happenings - From Educational CyberPlayGround

From: Steve <uriel1998@xxxxxxxxx>
Newsgroups: misc.education.home-school.misc
Subject: Resource:  Building Homes of Our Own
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 04:13:39 -0500

Building Homes Of Our Own - Grades 6-9

http://www.homesofourown.org/default.asp

A Reality Based CD-ROM Game.

Building Homes of Our Own is an interactive teaching tool developed
for the middle school classroom environment. The game presents a
macro view of the entire home building process from site selection to
final sale. Players will collect information, solve problems and make
choices as they build a 3D home against a budget. When complete,
players review credit applications and sell to the buyer of their
choice.

The program is part of the National Association of Home Builders
(NAHB) ongoing educational outreach initiative, in partnership with
the National Housing Endowment, Freddie Mac, and the Fannie Mae
Foundation.

Building Homes of Our Own is FREE to educators and members of the
National Association of Home Builders.

Steve

FREE CLIP ART
Do your Students, Teachers, Administrators, Tech Eds
need to know where to go for great online resources
for the arts? Integrate the arts into the classroom.
<http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Arts/websites.html>