[net-gold] [socialpsy-teach] TSP Newsletter Addendum

  • From: "David P. Dillard" <jwne@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Net-Gold -- Educator Gold <Educator-Gold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Educator Gold <Educator-Gold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, net-gold@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Net-Gold <Net-Gold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, NetGold <netgold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Net-Gold <net-gold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, K-12ADMINLIFE <K12ADMIN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, K12AdminLIFE <K12AdminLIFE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, MediaMentor <mediamentor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, NetGold <netgold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Net-Platinum <net-platinum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Sean Grigsby <myarchives1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Net-Gold <NetGold_general@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Temple Gold Discussion Group <TEMPLE-GOLD@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Temple University Net-Gold Archive <net-gold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Health Lists -- Health Diet Fitness Recreation Sports Tourism <healthrecsport@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Health Diet Fitness Recreation Sports <healthrecsport@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, HEALTH-RECREATION-SPORTS-TOURISM@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 09:30:00 -0400 (EDT)

.

Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 14:24:35 -0500
From: Jonathan Mueller <jfmueller@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: socialpsy-teach@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [socialpsy-teach] TSP Newsletter addendum

TSP Subscribers,

I said awhile back that I was planning to reorganize the Resources for the
Teaching of Social Psychology website
(http://jfmueller.faculty.noctrl.edu/crow/) around the topics of social
psychology (e.g., conformity, aggression)
rather than around the tools of teaching (e.g., activities and exercises, class
assignments).  I also said that I
would first send out a sample section of the website to get your feedback
before I proceed with revamping the entire
site.

So, here it is. I have redesigned and reorganized a section around the topic of Genes, Gender, and Culture. You can find this sample page at

http://jfmueller.faculty.noctrl.edu/crow/topicgenestest2.htm

It is a medium-sized topic. There will be much shorter ones and much longer ones when I get to the other topics. As you will notice, I have now included links in the left panel to all the other topic pages.  (However, those links don't work yet because those pages don't exist yet!) So, now you will be able to access all the other pages from each page on the site.

I also am still working on a header.

As you can see, I have chosen to put all the topic resources on one page. Is that preferable to having each section for the topic on a separate page? That is one of many questions I have for you.

Before I continue, I would like to hear from you about what you like and don't like about this approach and anything else about the way this section is laid out. This is your chance to help me redesign the site. So, send me any and all of your comments, questions, or suggestions.

Thanks in advance,

Jon

===============

Jon Mueller