[net-gold] The Power of Imagination: Chris Hedges

  • From: "David P. Dillard" <jwne@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Other Net-Gold Lists -- Educator Gold <Educator-Gold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, net-gold@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, NetGold <netgold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, K-12ADMINLIFE <K12ADMIN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, K12AdminLIFE <K12AdminLIFE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Nabble Groups Net-Gold <ml-node+s3172864n3172864h56@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Net-Platinum <net-platinum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Net-Gold <NetGold_general@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Temple Gold Discussion Group <TEMPLE-GOLD@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Temple University Net-Gold Archive <net-gold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Net-Gold @ Wiggio.com" <netgold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Health Lists -- Health Diet Fitness Recreation Sports <healthrecsport@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, HEALTH-RECREATION-SPORTS-TOURISM@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 12:39:47 -0400 (EDT)

.

Date: 12 May 2014 05:20:49 -0700
From: "tgbulletin@xxxxxxxxx [Net-Gold]" <Net-Gold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Net-Gold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Net-Gold] The Power of Imagination: Chris Hedges

.

http://tinyurl.com/kspatwz

.

"Those in the premodern world who hoarded possessions and refused to
redistribute supplies and food, who turned their backs on
the weak and the sick, who lived exclusively for hedonism and their own power,
were despised. Those in modern society who are
shunned as odd, neurotic or eccentric, who are disconnected from the prosaic
world of objective phenomena and fact, would have
been valued in premodern cultures for their ability to see what others could
not see. Dreams and visions—considered ways to
connect with the wisdom of ancestors—were integral to existence in distant
times. Property was communal then. Status was
conferred by personal heroism and providing for the weak and the indigent. And
economic exchanges carried the potential for
malice, hatred and evil: When wampum was exchanged by Native Americans the
transaction had to include “medicine” that
protected each party against “spiritual infection.”

The Power of Imagination: Chris Hedges

The Power of Imagination: Chris Hedges Amid the psychoses of modern times, we
are suicidally exploiting the earth and our
neighbors. If we are to survive, we must reclaim the reverence for life made
poss...

View on www.truthdig.com

Preview by Yahoo

.