[net-gold] Publishing citizen data on dangerous driving for different cities and states?

  • From: "David P. Dillard" <jwne@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Net-Gold Groups.IO -- Educator-Gold" <Educator-Gold@xxxxxxxxx>, HEALTH-RECREATION-SPORTS-TOURISM@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, K12ADMIN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Nabble Groups Net-Gold <ml-node+s3172864n3172864h56@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Sean Grigsby OR Keith @ Groups.IO" <Myarchives@xxxxxxxxx>, net-gold@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Net-Gold on IO Groups list <Net-Gold@xxxxxxxxx>, net-gold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Temple Gold Discussion Group <TEMPLE-GOLD@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2016 12:59:30 -0500 (EST)

Publishing citizen data on dangerous driving for different cities and states?

Dwight E. Hines, Ph.D.
IndyMedia
42 Israelson Rd.
Livermore, Maine 04253
207-897-2032
dwight.hines@xxxxxxxxx

November 12, 2016
Net-Gold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

David Dillard, Founder, NetGold
NetGold

Dear Mr. Dillard:

I am continually impressed with your publication of ionformation sources on NetGold. Indeed, over the years, Ive sent information to you that youve published.

I wonder if your publishing citizen data on dangerous driving for different cities and states would be of interest. After all, vehicle crashes are still a leading cause of death and simple public identification of errant drivers may be worthwhile via increased awareness of the danger and including valid methods on how to avoid some types of crashes, see <stoptailgatingnow.com). Obviously, tailgating, about 30% of the crashes, would be easiest to tackle first and the practice most amenable to automation after proof of concept and evaluation have been established.

See

https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=899144

for a good law review with details on theory and practices.

Maine is fortunate in having mostly excellent drivers but there are a few who cross the line on tailgating.

A simple system that only requires the reporting of the date, time, place, vehicle description, and automobile tag number (including state) to a webpage would be effective in raising awareness of the problem for drivers of commercial and non-commercial vehicles, as well as for insurance companies, attorneys, and law enforcement. I think some of the tailgating might be to confusion on the part of some drivers as to how long tailgating must continue before it puts everyone at risk or the specific times or distances that are safest.

There are some data on traffic enforcement being related to enforcement of criminal actions but it is weak and I would think DOJ would have grant money to support initial efforts.

Pictures, taken from the rear window would be additional evidence and the solid state cameras are inexpensive.

So, access to the webpage would be required, and then a format suitable for Google docs, with following info, for example:

Vehicle Tag,
Vehicle Type,
EventDate (mm/dd/year),
Time (24Hr),
Event Locus,
Description vehicle,
Description Driver

Example 1
4821 ME
white sedan
10/27/16
19:55
Auburn
white female

Example 2
4877 ME
red Pick-up
11/04/16
11:25
I-95 toll booth 6
red
white male

Example 3
2440 ME
blue/green wagon
11/04/16
08:30
Livermore
Station wagon
white female

You now have my email, my phone is 207-897-2032.

Dwight Hines

Dwight E. Hines, Ph.D.

IndyMedia

42 Israelson Rd.