[net-gold] CRIME AND CRIMINALS: MURDER HOMICIDE : POLICE BRUTALITY : UNITED STATES: STATES: SOUTH CAROLINA : VIDEOS: Man Who Recorded Walter Scott Video 'Feared for His Life'

  • From: "David P. Dillard" <jwne@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Net-Gold -- Educator Gold <Educator-Gold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, net-gold@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Net-Gold <Net-Gold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, NetGold <netgold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, K-12ADMINLIFE <K12ADMIN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, K12AdminLIFE <K12AdminLIFE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, MediaMentor <mediamentor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Nabble Groups Net-Gold <ml-node+s3172864n3172864h56@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Net-Gold on IO Groups list <Net-Gold@xxxxxxxxx>, Net-Platinum <net-platinum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Sean Grigsby <myarchives1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Net-Gold <NetGold_general@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Temple Gold Discussion Group <TEMPLE-GOLD@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Temple University Net-Gold Archive <net-gold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Net-Gold @ Wiggio.com" <netgold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Health Lists -- Health Diet Fitness Recreation Sports <healthrecsport@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, HEALTH-RECREATION-SPORTS-TOURISM@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2015 17:16:53 -0400 (EDT)

.

CRIME AND CRIMINALS: MURDER HOMICIDE :

POLICE BRUTALITY :

UNITED STATES: STATES: SOUTH CAROLINA :

VIDEOS:

Man Who Recorded Walter Scott Video 'Feared for His Life'

.

.

Man Who Recorded Walter Scott Video 'Feared for His Life'

By Joe Tacopino and Yaron Steinbuch

April 8, 2015 | 8:16pm

New York Post

http://nypost.com/2015/04/08/man-who-recorded-walter-
scott-shooting-video-cop-will-pay/?utm_campaign=
SocialFlow&utm_source=NYPFacebook&utm_medium=SocialFlow

.

A shorter URL for the above link:

.

http://tinyurl.com/mu97t85

.

.

The bystander who captured the shocking footage of a white South Carolina cop fatally shooting a fleeing black man in the back said he initially thought of deleting the video because he feared for his life, according to a report.

.

Feidin Santana was walking to work when he witnessed officer Michael Slager struggling on the ground with 50-year-old Walter Scott, he told NBC News.

.

The 23-year-old said he knew the magnitude of what he was witnessing and then recorded the incriminating video.

.

I felt that my life, with this information, might be in danger. I thought about erasing the video and just getting out of the community, you know, Charleston, and living someplace else, he told MSNBC. I knew the cop didnt do the right thing.

.

Santana told NBC Nightly News that Scott and Slager struggled, but that the cop who used his Taser to try to subdue Scott did not seem to be in danger before he gunned Scott down.

.

Before I started recording, they were down on the floor. I remember the police [officer] had control of the situation, Santana said. He had control of Scott. And Scott was trying just to get away from the Taser. But like I said, he never used the Taser against the cop.

.

As you can see in the video, the police officer just shot him in the back, he said. I knew right away, I had something on my hands.

.

.

.

.

Sincerely,
David Dillard
Temple University
(215) 204 - 4584
jwne@xxxxxxxxxx
http://workface.com/e/daviddillard

Net-Gold
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/net-gold
http://net-gold.3172864.n2.nabble.com/

Research Guides

RESEARCH PAPER WRITING
EMPLOYMENT
INTERNSHIPS
HOSPITALITY
DISABILITIES AND EMPLOYMENT
http://guides.temple.edu/c.php?g=134557
INDOOR GARDENING
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/IndoorGardeningUrban/info
Educator-Gold
K12ADMINLIFE

PUBLIC HEALTH RESOURCES INCLUDING EBOLA

Blog
https://educatorgold.wordpress.com/

Articles by David Dillard

Information Literacy (Russell Conwell Center Guide)
http://tinyurl.com/78a4shn

Nina Dillard's Photographs on Net-Gold
http://www.flickr.com/photos/neemers/

Twitter: davidpdillard

Temple University Site Map

Bushell, R. & Sheldon, P. (eds),
David P. Dillard
http://tinyurl.com/p63whl

RailTram Discussion Group
From the Union Pacific to BritRail and Beyond
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/railtram/info

INDOOR GARDENING

SPORT-MED

.

.

Please Ignore All Links to JIGLU
Temple University Listserv Alert :
Years 2009 and 2010 Eliminated from Archives

.

.