[net-gold] Bringing Childrens Voices to the World, Via the World Childrens Radio Network

  • From: "David P. Dillard" <jwne@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Temple University Net-Gold Archive <net-gold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Temple Gold Discussion Group <TEMPLE-GOLD@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Net-Gold <net-gold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Educator Gold <Educator-Gold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Educator Gold <Educator-Gold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, K12AdminLIFE <K12AdminLIFE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Net-Platinum <net-platinum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, NetGold <netgold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, K-12ADMINLIFE <K12ADMIN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, net-gold@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, NetGold <netgold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 10:27:23 -0400 (EDT)

.

Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 22:59:33 -0600 (MDT)
From: George Lessard <media@xxxxxxx>
To: Net-Gold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Net-Gold] Bringing  Childrens Voices to the World,
    Via the World Childrens Radio Network

.

Bringing Children?s Voices to the World,
via the World Children?s Radio Network

http://ow.ly/2nkQX

[excerpts]

?Children make up 25 to 30 percent
of the world?s population,? said Thomas
Rohlinger, founder and editor-in-chief
of RadiJoJo, a nonprofit children?s
radio station in Berlin, Germany.
?Yet the number of stations actually
delivering content for and by children
is almost nonexistent.?

In an effort to address this imbalance,
RadiJoJo has launched the World
Children?s Radio Network.

Located on the Web at

http://www.world-childrens-radio.net

WCRN is based on a simple proposition:
Children ages 3?18 create content that
RadiJoJo packages and then sends out to
community radio stations around the globe.

[...]

How WCR works

The content aired on the World Children?s
Radio Network comes from a number of sources.
In Germany proper, RadiJoJo sends its
producers to local schools. While there, they
lead the children through daylong or weeklong
workshops, teaching them the basics of
interviewing and content making. By the end of
the sessions, the producers come back with audio
that can be incorporated into a WCRN hour-long
program.

Outside of Germany, RadiJoJo attracts content
produced by children in various countries.
More than 100 countries have been represented
in WCRN programs and contributions.

[...]

It is difficult to many how many listeners
tune into WCRN each week.

?We know that we have about 5,000 listeners
in Weimar, Germany, and up to 70,000 on a
children?s radio station in Turkey,? said
Rohlinger. ?Right now, we know that 20 to 30
stations carry our broadcasts. But it is hard
to keep track of it, because they get our
content and can air it whenever they like.?
WCRN?s content is also posted on online for
on-demand streaming.

Interested community radios, schools and youth
centers can contact Radijojo World Children?s
Radio Network directly at

redaktion@xxxxxxxxxxx

?Donations are welcome, to guarantee our
non-commercial independent work
for and by kids,? says Rohlinger.

.