[neact] Safety programming at the ACS National meeting in Boston, August 22-25

  • From: Stephen Stepenuck <sstepenuck@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "neact@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <neact@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 01:36:38 -0400

Hello NEACTers,
    Finding one¹s way through an ACS national meeting program can be
overwhelming, in my opinion.
Debbie Decker [dmdecker@xxxxxxxxxxx] program chair for the ACS Division of
Chemical Health and Safety [CHAS] recently posted a summary of sessions for
that division.
With her permission, and FYI, here is an excerpt from her post to the CHAS
list:

³Here's a quick summary:

Our technical sessions begin Sunday afternoon, August 22, at 1:30 with the
Awards Symposium.  "Ask Dr. Safety - about handling pyrophoric and water
reactive materials" follows at 3:30.  Monday, August 23, we have 2 symposia
through the day - School Chemical Clean (SC3) Out program, and Hazards
Analysis and Accident Investigation.  Tuesday, August 24, we have Chemical
Life Cycle Management in the morning.  There is a presidential event on
Laboratory Safety on Tuesday afternoon so I didn't program opposite that
event.  Wednesday morning, Aug 25, is Bob Hill's symposium on Chemistry in
Preventing and Combating Disease.  All of our symposia will be in the
convention center.²

Hoping to see y¹all at the NEACT conference,
Steve Stepenuck