[neact] 77th NEACT Summer Conference - Call for Presentations

  • From: Meledath Govindan <mgovindan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "neact@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <neact@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 12:15:42 +0000

Good Morning Colleagues!

Welcome to another year of teaching and practicing chemistry! As you know, one
of the main activities of NEACT is the annual Summer Conference and this year's
conference will be held at the Mass College of Liberal Arts in North Adams,
August 8-11, 2016. In addition to the conference program, Berkshires in the
summer would be ideal for a family outing and there are many local attractions,
all within driving distance - see a listing on the attached flyer. Further
details would be forthcoming as we put together the conference program.

I would appreciate it if you and/or your colleagues can present at the
conference in the form of a lecture or a workshop. The theme is "Natural
Chemistry" and we are leaving it quite broad. We hope to have several talks and
hands-on workshops on topics, such as plant chemistry, natural products,
nutraceuticals, drug development, ethnobotany, ethnopharmacology, food
chemistry, soil chemistry, etc. As you know, the majority of the audience
would be HS chemistry teachers and they appreciate anything that they can take
back to their classrooms. This is also an opportunity for them to get
professional development hours and we have, in the past, offered a graduate
SCED course in conjunction with the summer conference. More information about
NEACT can be found at www.neact.org<http://www.neact.org>.

Attached is also an abstract form. Please consider presenting and also
distribute it among your colleagues and request participation. It would be a
great opportunity to reach out to our fellow HS and college faculty.

Sincerely,
Mel

Meledath Govindan, Ph.D.
Chair, Department of Biology and Chemistry
Advisor for Health Professions
Antonucci Science Center, Room 220
Fitchburg State University
Fitchburg, MA 01420
(978)-660-8831 (Mobile)

President, New England Association of Chemistry Teachers:
www.neact.org<http://www.neact.org/>
Councilor, American Chemical Society: http://central-mass.sites.acs.org/
Regional Contest Coordinating Team Lead, North South Foundation:
www.northsouth.org<http://www.northsouth.org/>