[ncsc-moths] at last - moths

  • From: lance biechele <ltb0076@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 18:56:32 -0800 (PST)

Hi Folks,
   As Merrill so carefully observed in a previous email - the sap of maple
trees
are
really attrative to early sallows.  Tonight, with temps at 40 degrees, my first
Eupsilia
vinulata (white-spotted), several worn sallows and an attractive dowdy pinion
(Lithophane unimoda) made their first appearance at my red maple tree.
   Nothing exciting - but it does give the reader some idea about how far we are
along we are from your earlier NC records.
   Good Mothing,
Lance