[ncsc-moths] Re: Worn Tolype sp.

  • From: Robert Perkins <perkybear@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2011 13:21:12 -0400

After I posted my Tolype question, I found two of the moths on my sheet this
morning, took new photos, and measured. The larger, paler specimen (probably
female) had a forewing length of 18mm and the smaller, darker specimen (male)
had a forewing length of 15mm. According to Covell, the wavy pm line on my
specimens makes them Small Tolype, T. notialis. How large was your worn
Tolype?----------

Bob
--------------
On Jul 1, 2011, at 12:43 PM, kjchilds wrote:

> Can anyone tell me which species of Tolype this worn moth is?
> http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p193/kjchilds/Moths%202011/Moths%202011%20temporary/IMG_5740.jpg
> http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p193/kjchilds/Moths%202011/Moths%202011%20temporary/IMG_5736.jpg
>
> Ken Childs
> Henderson, TN