[ncsc-moths] Watauga County moths--15 July 2011

  • From: "J. Merrill Lynch" <jmerrilllynch@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 07:27:51 -0400

A windy and cooler night but still had a pretty good diversity of
moths this morning.  I added 6 FOY species including one lifer,
Miranda moth (Proxenus miranda) and one new for Watauga County, Brown
Panopoda (Panopoda carneicosta).

I now have recorded 604 species this year at Echo Valley and fast
closing in on my big year list last year of 650 species.  I went back
and checked my 2010 list and was surprised to see that I recorded 260
species that I've yet to see this year.  The year is far from over but
it's been great so far--tremendous diversity and amazingly beautiful
creatures!

4898 Evergestis nimosalis
5379 Neodactria luteolellus
8588 Panopoda carneicosta