[ncsc-moths] Re: My 1,200th moth species at Echo Valley

  • From: Larry McDaniel <larrycmcd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncsc-moths <ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2013 10:37:51 -0400

Merrill,

Obsessive pursuit or mastery? Probably both.
We aren't set up enough at our new farm to have "New Moon Beer Tasting and
Mothing Watching Events" yet.
Maybe next year. Did you do moth sheets at the Roan Mountain Spring Naturalist
Rally? If so, how did it go?
I will be setting up at the fall rally on Sept. 6 and 7th. It would be cool if
you could join me.

Larry

Subject: [ncsc-moths] Re: My 1,200th moth species at Echo Valley
From: jmerrilllynch@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2013 08:15:50 -0400
To: ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks Larry. I wonder if the diversity is a function of where I live or my
obsessive pursuit to identify everything--probably both. Are you still doing
your beer and mothing get-togethers?  Hope to get up with you sometime for both!
Merrill

J. Merrill LynchEcho Valley FarmWatauga County, NC3,400 feet elevationSent from
my iPhone
On Aug 4, 2013, at 9:55 AM, Larry McDaniel <larrycmcd@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Merrill,

Congratulations!
Amazing!
I remember when our lists were about the same.
I have since about doubled mine while you have tripled yours.

Larry McDaniel
Johnson City, TN

Subject: [ncsc-moths] My 1,200th moth species at Echo Valley
From: jmerrilllynch@xxxxxxxxx