[ncsc-moths] Moths at Roan Mountain Naturalist Rally

  • From: Larry McDaniel <larrycmcd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-moths <tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ncsc-moths <ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 12:51:28 -0400

John Pickering and I had a great time mothing at the Roan Mountain Spring
Naturalist Rally at Roan Mountain State Park in Carter County, TN on May 4th -
May 6th.
I'm just getting started on the IDs but we had a good number of species. John
(PicK) did an outstanding presentation on Friday night discussing the
importance of monitoring bio-diversity and how to contribute with Discover
Life. He also did a workshop and fieldtrip on Saturday afternoon. It was one of
the best rallies I've ever attended. Thanks Pick.

A few of the moths we saw as we did a moth sheet presentation both nights
included
6640 Biston betularia - Pepper & Salt Geometer
7715 Dryocampa rubicunda - Rosy Maple Moth
9285 Polygrammate hebraeicum - The Hebrew

Larry McDaniel