[ncsc-moths] Moths - Ashe County, NW NC

  • From: Jackie Nelson <ephemeropterae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2011 13:10:16 -0400

The moths have kept me busy!  Here are some of my favorites that are
ID'd.    In addition to these, this past week my place has been hopping with
Banded Tussocks, Va. Creeper & Carolina Sphinxes, Lunas, Ios (both sexes),
almost daily Imperial Moths, Tolypes, and Dart Moths.
Of course, there are many more in the "to be identified" folder.  Thanks to
Merrill and others for help with IDs.

Based on the weather here, looks like tonight will be another good night!

Jackie Nelson
NW N.Carolina / S. Appalachians