[ncsc-moths] Re: Micros last night!

  • From: "J. Merrill Lynch" <jmerrilllynch@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 11:38:30 -0500

Harry,

I had a chance to do a little mothing at my farm in Halifax County Wednesday
night (Feb 2).  I had a micro that I think is the same species as your
5656 (image P1080165).  I think it is an olethreutine but I do not think
it's Eucosma cocana #3072--have not had a chance to do much checking on the
web though.  I also had a micro that superficially looks like your Arla
tenuicornis #1905 (I agree with your id by the way) but I believe it's a
Crambid based on the large whitish legs with prominent spurs.  Pics of these
two micros are attached.

I also had a very early male Galgula partita (The Wedgeling) along with the
usual winter moths: Phigalias, Metaxaglaea, Hypena scabra, etc.

If anyone has any ideas on the identity of the micros, I'd love to hear your
thoughts.

Still no sign of any moths in Watauga County.

Merrill

--
J. Merrill Lynch
Echo Valley Farm