[ncsc-moths] Independence Day Moths--Watauga County, NC

  • From: "J. Merrill Lynch" <jmerrilllynch@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2011 19:51:09 -0400

Managed to find some new moths at Echo Valley over the July 4th
weekend despite spending most of my time mothing at nearby parks and
nature preserves.  Here are a few species flying now:

3517 Acleris subnivana FOY
3622 Argyrotaenia juglandana LIFER
5349 Crambus youngellus LIFER (interesting crambid with markings
reversed--white body with rusty tan stripe)
10276 Polia imbrifera LIFER (I've probably overlooked this
one--according to Bo Sullivan it is a common mountain species)

--
J. Merrill Lynch
Echo Valley Farm