[ncsc-moths] Re: IDing December moths- or trying to!

  • From: Doug Allen <dougk4ly@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2012 10:11:34 -0500

Hi Lori, Jean, Hugh, and Cecilia!

   Lori, bless you for working with kids and showing them the spendor and
diversity of nature!  I am still doing some of that, but mainly leading a
spring birding and butterflying class for us old folks in the Life Long
Learning Institute at Furman.

Hugh- thanks for the ID- perhaps a late record for lower 48 based on MPG.

I've been working on two tough IDs (for me!) this morning.  For the first
ID (two pics) is from Dec 3. I think I've looked at all the ones with
labial palps that curve over the head in MPG, but there are a lot of
species without photographs.  Both the first and second, from Nov 2, may be
new to SC-
https://picasaweb.google.com/114446304105523815248/ForNCSCMothlistserv?authkey=Gv1sRgCOuuitL-o77h9wE
#

Doug Allen  Windmill Hill, Spartanburg County, SC