[ncsc-moths] Glyphodes pyloalis

  • From: TNT Sanders <tsanders1993@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2013 21:35:16 -0400

These photos were taken about a month ago in our back yard.  The species looks
to be 5197 - Beautiful Glyphodes (Glyphodes pyloalis).  From what I can tell
this is a not very reported species for NC, maybe only once before from Fort
Macon?It's larval food plant is Mulberry and this guy was on our shed directly
below a Red Mulberry tree.
Tom and Tammy SandersCharlotte, NC