[ncsc-moths] Eastern Buckmoths - Cedar Island, SC on 12/14

  • From: Nathan Dias <diasn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Carolinaleps <carolinaleps@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2012 11:43:04 -0800 (PST)

Mark Spinks of SC DNR reports a sizable emergence flight of Eastern Buckmoths
on the sandy hammock island that lies in the middle of the vast impoundments of
Cedar Island, SC.   Mark saw them on December 14 - a repeat almost to the day
of our discovery of the Buckmoths there last year.

For those unfamiliar with it, Cedar Island lies between the mouths of the North
Santee River and South Santee River, just north of McClellanville, SC.

Unfortunately I was still getting over a nasty virus and was unable to join him
with my DSLR.  Next year I will get good photos and video for sure!

Nathan Dias - Charleston, SC