[ncsc-moths] Early June moths

  • From: Kyle Kittelberger <kkturtledude@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Moth List <ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 20:37:17 -0700 (PDT)

Hey everyone,

Below is a list of some of the (mostly) moth species that I saw in early June
that I photographed. I have been mainly searching for species that I have not
recorded before in my backyard. I had a number of lifers, as well as a couple
species new for the Falls Lake list. I currently have several unknowns from
this time period waiting for ids on bugguide, which are posted on my flickr
page. All my moth pics are on my flickr (www.flickr.com/photos/hawk-eagle/), or
for those that would rather click on links for individual species, I have
posted them below. As always, if you see anything that is incorrect, please let
me know.

Cheers,
Kyle

Moths: (species in bold are new for Falls Lake)
0307.97 Undescribed Dryadaula Moth-
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hawk-eagle/9081860318/in/photostream/
0317 Clemen's Bark Moth
0663.97 Undescribed Neurobathra-
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hawk-eagle/9095945051/
1797 Banded Jack-pine Needleminer (Coleotechnites canusella)
2189 Aroga epigaeella- http://www.flickr.com/photos/hawk-eagle/9103718958/
2444 Argyresthia calliphanes-
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hawk-eagle/9081767580/
5279.1 - Herpetogramma sphingealis-
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hawk-eagle/9100931799/
5512 Pink-masked Pyralid (Aglossa disciferalis)-
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hawk-eagle/9087838317/in/photostream/
5622 Greater Wax Moth (Galleria mellonella)
5803 Sciota celtidella- http://www.flickr.com/photos/hawk-eagle/9101384493/
5847 Webbing Coneworm (Dioryctria disclusa)-
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hawk-eagle/9103386585/in/photostream
7114 Red-bordered Wave (Idaea demissaria)-
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hawk-eagle/9101028305/
7975 Mottled Prominent (Macrurocampa marthesia)-
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hawk-eagle/9098519638/
9057 Black Wedge-spot  (Homophoberia apicosa)-
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hawk-eagle/9100395127/
9225 Delightful Dagger (Acronicta vinnula)-
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hawk-eagle/9103790016/
9229 Speared Dagger (Acronicta hasta)-
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hawk-eagle/9103323231/in/photostream/
9286 Harris's Three Spot (Harrisimemna trisignata)-
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hawk-eagle/9086994758/in/photostream/,
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hawk-eagle/9086705826/in/photostream/
10585 Rustic Quaker (Orthodes majuscule)

Leafhoppers
Gyponana sp.- http://www.flickr.com/photos/hawk-eagle/9098570912/
Typhlocyba gillettei

Planthoppers (species in bold are new for Falls Lake)
Epiptera fusca (?) -
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hawk-eagle/9081945302/in/photostream/,
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hawk-eagle/9081982084/in/photostream/
Pintalia vibex