[ncsc-moths] Re: Black Witch II

  • From: "parker backstrom" <dpbackstrom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 18:59:31 -0400

Jackie -

I've been enjoying your photos.  Unlike most list members, I'm guessing, I
do a majority of my mothing not at home but en route to work in the morning.
I have several stops I make at gas stations/convenience stores that have
white walls with lights shining on them.  The Ascalapha I found a couple of
years ago was on the sidewalk in front of a busy Kangaroo store, just far
enough to the side not to get stepped upon.  This one was clinging low on a
wall at a Citgo station that is still closed when I go by at 5:45-6:00 a.m.
I've found some very cool stuff at both, though this year has been kind of a
dud.  I'm not sure how many records there are for Black Witch in North
Carolina but I'm sure it's fewer than a dozen.  That I've seen two suggests,
though, that it's a more regular immigrant/migrant than we probably think it
is.

Good mothing.

Parker

  _____