[ncsc-moths] 2 pictures for you

  • From: Doug Allen <dougk4ly@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2012 20:28:49 -0500

For some reason I could not insert these pictures in my regular gmail
before.  Using the email function here in the Picasa program it seems
I can.  Anyway, I had only identified about 25 moth species up until
the time we took these pictures.  It sure was an exciting intoduction
to mothing for both of us!
Doug Allen  Windmill Hill, SC

PS We had a Christmas story happen an hour ago.  I heard something at
the front door.  No, it wasn't Santa.  One of our cats had jumped up
to the wreath where there was a Carolina Wren hanging out near the
black light I had glowing on the porch.  I think the Carolina Wren was
catching and eating my moths before I got to photograph them, because
it flew back and forth on our small porch, with the cat chasing after
it, and wouldn't leave.  This was at 8 PM!  I got the cat indoors and
was able to take a closeup picture of the Carolina Wren.  It was still
there 5 and 10 minutes later.  It finally left after about 20 minutes,
and now there are a few moths out there!
This is not one of those "not a creature was stirring" stories, but
anyway, to all a good night.