[ncolug] Re: Ubuntu (and other Debain Based Distro) utility to help with common configurations

  • From: nor thern <zboson2003@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 17:55:07 -0700 (PDT)

"M. Knisely" <charon79m@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: Here's an interesting tool to get a
lot of the things installed on a
normal home system.  I'll be giving this a shot on an home system and
let you all know how it goes.

Here's the basics of it:
http://getautomatix.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

Here's the packages it installs:
http://getautomatix.com/wiki/index.php?title=Automatix_for_%28X%29Ubuntu

Again, I'll report back after I've played with it.

Mike K.

lol
"PLEASE DO NOT INSTALL (23) IF YOU ARE IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. IT IS
ILLEGAL TO DO SO"

 will enable faster debian based installs if the files are on local hard drive.
the dpkg list Mike B. was helping me with can do same kind of install without
being online.

 good luck with this test ,Mike.