[ncolug] Re: MK-Linux - loading MK-Linux on an Apple 7200/120

  • From: MrKnisely <mrknisely@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2005 23:50:58 -0500

MrKnisely wrote:

Henry Keultjes wrote:

http://www.mklinux.org/

Anyone interested in doing this? I have a complete machine/monitor/KB/mouse as well as the original Apple documentation with the CD. The purpose of project is making this a museum piece documenting the MicroKernel history of Linux running on PowerPC.

MK-Linux was designed to work specifically on the 7200/120 . This is not a clone of any kind but an officially Apple sanctioned Linux before Apple decided to go the FreeBSD route with Darwin.

Henry Keultjes
NCOLUG Mansfield
Be sure to visit our web at www.ncolug.org

I'm trying to download this now... but download speed is about 1.5Kb/sec. This is PAINFUL!

Mike K.
Be sure to visit our web at www.ncolug.org

Still going on this... it says I only have 178 hours to go.. so I'll be done by Thanksgiving!

Honestly, how is someone to even attempt this when the website from which you are to download the image is providing the content at a 9600bps modem speed? I have checked all the mirrors too and none of them have the disk images either.

Looks like unless you can produce install media for this project, it's sunk before it gets off the dock.

Mike K.
Be sure to visit our web at www.ncolug.org