[ncolug] Re: Is RetroShare really all it claims to be???

  • From: "M. Knisely" <charon79m@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2012 15:19:55 -0500

File sharing of copyright materials against the wishes of the copyright
holder is illegal, immoral, and not in the spirit of the FOSS community.
We MUST be respectfully of all types of copyright... nor just those we feel
are best.

Now that that is out of the way, I don't realty trust any service that says
it is going to anonomize me by routing my traffic through someone else.
Look at TOR for how this can be exploited.  Also, what happens when an
email threatening a public official is sent through this system and your
machine is the exit node?

No thanks.  I'll serve my own packets.

Mike