[ncolug] Re: Attachments

  • From: Chuck Stickelman <cstickelman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 23:38:45 -0400

Mike Bell wrote:

Now I'm in rant mode....

Freaking large attachments to the list are just wrong IMHO.  They
backup the rest of my mail for excessive amounts of time here.  YES, I
know that I'm probably in the minority here with the dialup and crappy
phone lines, connection speed and all that.  Everyone that knows me
has heard it.  Even when I do have a higher speed connection it'll
still drive me nuts though.

I'd really like to hear if this is just me being torqued?  I'm asking
before I go put a size limitation on attachments and torque off
someone else because they can't attach something that is too large.

Personally I think 40k is plenty for any mailing list.

Mike

I agree.

Is there a way that we could upload files of interest to a group server instead of using attachments?
Another solution would be to just ask everyone to hold off on attachments and just mention that they have something that might be interesting, and then let people ask for it if they need it...

The long and short of it is that we all need to take care to remember that some of us do have limited bandwidth.

Chuck